Tuesday, May 31, 2011

doctor checkup

Today we saw my neurosurgeon for the first time since I left the hospital. My stitches are gone (yay!) so I can now take a shower and get the incision site wet. A real shampoo, not just part of my head at a time! I have not looked forward to anything this much in a long time.

My double vision has come back a bit, so my doctor put me in contact with an opthamologist here in town. He said that they might possibly do corrective lenses, vision therapy, or something else of the sort to help me sort out my vision. And apparently my change in sense of smell is not unheard of and hopefully will get back to normal. I would totally like for that to be the case.

We asked if we could have a copy of my pre-op MRI and they said that they can burn it to a CD for us. I have another MRI scheduled for this Friday to see how things look post-op. The CT they did the day after the surgery (at 4am, that was pleasant) was amazing to see - my brain had filled up the space the tumor had occupied already. Wild.

No comments: