Wednesday, January 18, 2012

ugh

So work sucked today. Really. I was there for 10 hours (6:30am-4:30pm), which is 2 hours longer than I'm "paid" for (I get there early, and I had a meeting go verrrry long), and it was a rough day in many ways. But I get summers off. Right?

Dinner was not high on my list of priorities today. I mean, it was, in that I was starving by the time I got the boys just before 5pm. And since we had to head back out to Walgreens to pick up a prescription and didn't get home until just shy of 5:30, I was ravenous and about to lose my mind if I didn't eat soon. Scott got home and, lovely man that he is, cooked us some hot dogs before he left to go for a run.

Gavin ate most of his hot dog in the bun and finished it off out of the bun and is now eating his weight in potato chips. Colin drank a whole lot of milk and started in on his chips but I don't think he'll touch that hot dog tonight. Just ask the kids, they'll tell you, their mom is ALL OVER the healthy eating these days.

I hate that I'm so tired from a long ass day at work that I just don't care what they're eating. But... Colin came home in a dry diaper. Gavin helped out with his little brother. They both gave me bunches of hugs and kisses when I picked them up today. I plan to do copious amounts of hugs and snuggles after they finish their horrible, not nutrient-rich dinner. Things could be worse.

No comments: