Friday, August 8, 2008

hooray for air conditioning

First thing this morning, Gavin and I hit up the grocery store. I rushed to get dinner in the crock pot, and then we met up with Roxanne and Thompson for lunch at Central Market. Gavin and Thompson played on the playscape after we ate. Man, was it hot!! Gavin, of course, spent most of his play time in the direct sunlight, much to the dismay of his very sweaty mommy. When we got home from Central Market I put Gavin down for his nap, and after he woke up we found some things to do that did not require us to go outside in the million-degree heat.



Gavin loves building with his blocks. He loves throwing them even more (didn't choose to capture that on film, though, sorry). It makes clean up time more like a game - where on earth did all the blocks go??






After we found and put away all of the blocks Gavin pulled his little chair over to the coffee table and asked to "towo" (Gavinese for "color"). I got out the paper and crayons and he got to work pulverizing his crayons on the paper. He really likes to bang them against the paper and then pick off the chunks of wax left behind and hand them to me. He's getting much better at holding the crayons and using them to mark on the paper.






Here is his finished product. He's so proud of himself! Okay, well, maybe I'm making that up, but I'm proud of him! It's so much fun to see him growing up and learning.




Do you see the chunks of brown crayon? Those would be the pieces he likes to pick off the paper and hand to me :)


Aaaaaand I'm editing this post to share with you why Gavin cannot be trusted with crayons out of mommy's view:



So far I've found one teeeeeny little red mark on the wall. It had better be the only one!!

No comments: