Monday, August 11, 2008

new shoes

Gavin has been wearing just one pair of shoes for the past several weeks - well, the past few months really - that he inherited from Allison. He looooves his camo crocs. Today we went to REI with Scott at lunch time and found Gavin a new pair of shoes. They are still camouflage color, but instead of plastic/rubber they are canvas - AND he can't pull them off his feet as easily and throw them at me! At least, I hope not. That's become one of his favorite grocery store games!

When we were at REI, Gavin had to try on nearly every kid shoe they had on display. It didn't matter if the shoe was big enough to fit my feet - he didn't care! Once we decided on the shoes we wanted for him, he refused to put his old shoes back on. So he walked through the store in his bare feet, carrying the box containing his new shoes while Scott carried his old ones. Goofball! I took a picture with my camera phone - grandmas, you should have gotten that picture today. So cute.




Doesn't he look fabulous in his new shoes? He's trying them out around the house today as he gets used to them. It's pretty funny when he gets on a roll and then falls down. Just on his knees, I'm not mean! And then he gets back up and right back to whatever mayhem he was into before.


Today is my last full day home with Gavin for the summer. Tomorrow he heads back to Kelly's house to play with Blake and Allison so that I can get my classroom furniture, etc. all squared away before my "real" first day of work on Monday the 18th. Gavin's Grammy will be coming to visit on Friday so maybe, if my classroom is ready, I'll play hooky and take one more day to be with my boy.

No comments: