Thursday, October 2, 2008

good times

Kelly gave Gavin some clothes that Blake had grown out of. Gavin really enjoyed the box she sent them over in.

He also spent some time playing drums on the box, but I was too busy playing with him to take pictures or video of that!

We flew to Madison, WI last weekend for my cousin Ryan's wedding. Gavin enjoyed swimming with his daddy in the hotel pool. The camera turned itself off right before Gavin went underwater - must remember to bring batteries next time!!

He also developed a fever sometime between the wedding ceremony and wedding reception, poor kid. Finally, today is a fever-free day, but Gavin was a trooper through the whole deal. Even with fever-eyes, he's pretty darn adorable!


He even showed off how he's learned to say "cheese!" when having his picture taken!

I took some video (tried, anyway) of Gavin playing in the living room the other day, but it was impossible to get anything good when he kept trying to come to my side of the camera and see what I was taping. Exasperating, but still cute - for now, at least!

Now that Gavin's feeling better, he's eating better as well (slowly but surely his appetite is making a comeback). We had cheddar and jalapeno sausage for dinner tonight. I'd cut pieces for him to stab with his fork, but that took too long, so he just shoveled them into his mouth with his hands. Then we put a couple of "spears" on his plate - pieces we'd not yet cut up - and he grabbed one and starting taking bites off the end. My little carnivore.


He was so excited about his yogurt tonight that he used 2 spoons. Silly.

I'm working on updating things regularly, but failing miserably. Being sick myself doesn't help! At least I can admit to my shortcomings :)

No comments: