Wednesday, August 12, 2009

my boys

I think I really am the luckiest lady in the world. I have the 3 best men in the history of ever, right here under my roof. Today after I picked the boys up from Kelly's we were playing in Gavin's room. I had to pump so I brought it in with me, and got myself hooked up. Colin started to fuss a bit, and Gavin jumped right in to play with him and entertain him. In this picture he's helping Colin chew on a teething toy. Colin kept dropping it - Gavin is pretending to feed him a cookie. They were both highly amused at themselves. :)


Colin passed out early tonight so it was just me, Scott and Gavin at Gavin's bedtime. He wanted his daddy to read the bedtime story he'd picked out so Scott climbed into bed with him. I love watching Scott with the boys - he's a fabulous dad. Gavin absolutely hero-worships him. Colin's face lights up when he sees daddy. So cool.


I've been pumping and giving bottles to Colin in place of breastfeeding in an effort to help him adjust to bottle-feeding at Kelly's house and to help him learn to self-soothe in ways other than the breast, since Kelly can't offer it when he fusses. It's been going very well, and he's taking bottles at home like a champ. And today he finished an entire bottle at Kelly's house! It took him all day to do it, but that's more than he's ever eaten over there. I'm hopeful that he'll get more comfortable soon. Things are looking up.

No comments: