Tuesday, November 16, 2010

dentist

Gavin loves going to the dentist. So much so, in fact, that when I let him know that I (gasp!) forgot to take him on Thursday - I'd been home all day with Colin, who'd been running a fever the day before - Gavin wailed. Not cried, no, that would not do the spectacle justice. He sobbed, he wailed, he nearly screamed. And he spent the rest of the evening, until he went to bed, angry with me. I felt awesome.

The dentist office is only open M-Th, so I wasn't able to call and reschedule until yesterday. Luckily, they had an opening this afternoon, so Gavin, Colin and I headed over there after I left work. Colin munched on pretzels and played with the water faucet (if you pushed a particular cabinet door it turned the water on, a no-hands thing) while Gavin had his teeth inspected, counted, polished and flossed.


After the hygienist finished with him (Ms. Stacy was great!), Dr. Gaddy came in to check him out as well. After learned what we already know - Gavin and his teeth are awesome! - Dr. Gaddy gave both boys a sugar-free lollipop.

Colin had his when we got home, and now it is somewhere in my house, stuck to something. I'm sure it'll turn up sooner or later..... :)

No comments: