Wednesday, March 14, 2012

potty training woes

The woes are all mine. Colin is doing a great job - he lets me know when he needs to go, he stays dry during naps and at night (though he's still in a pull-up at night, more for our sanity and peace of mind than anything else), all that.

BUT. He still needs help getting up on the toilet, so he can't go alone. He sits on a potty seat with a pee guard and he can't climb up without assistance. He won't direct his pee into the toilet himself so I can't take the pee guard off, unless I want pee spray all over my bathroom.

C wants to stand to pee now. Which is fantastic! Except that he likes to lean back while doing it, so he gets pee everywhere - back of the toilet, then dribbled down his legs and into his underwear.

I hereby relinquish hold of the potty training effort and pass the torch to Scott. He pees standing up, after all, and can pass on all of his wisdom to the next generation.

No comments: