Tuesday, July 22, 2008

coloring time

Gavin pulled his little chair up to the coffee table, and it seemed like the perfect time to pull out paper and crayons.


Which color should I choose next?

Red looks good. Or does it? Hmmm...

Using that yellow crayon to make beautiful colorings:

Here Gavin had just been working on both pictures at once, while at the same time decorating the table top in between them. Guess I'll have to clean that up...

Here, Mom, help me out! You can use the green.


I'm excited to see that he's finally showing a hand preference, and it turns out that Gavin is right-handed, just like his mommy and daddy. He's making a lot more marks on the page than he used to. He's only occupied with coloring for 5-10 minutes before he's distracted by throwing crayons across the room, but that's some serious progress from just a little while ago.

On a non-Gavin-related note, I went to see Mamma Mia with friends today. What a great movie!! I really enjoyed it. It had all the things I love - music, dancing, cheese, sappiness - perfect! :)

No comments: