Thursday, September 17, 2009

school's in session - for Gavin too!

Gavin's been back to school for a week now. He is loving the Pony class and Ms. Sara seems nice as can be. He even ate all his lunch his very first day there!! If you remember last year, Gavin went on hunger strike when he started at TPK and refused to eat his lunch. Ms. Irma was always giving us updates on when/if he would eat, and it was time for celebration when he finally ate his lunch. This year, we don't have that problem. Yay!

The part Gavin loves most about school is his new lunch box and thermos. The thermos is just like Blake's, so of course it's cooler than cool. :) Gav was so upset when we left his lunchbox at Kelly's house last week because he wants it with him at all times! Today, he woke up when I was leaving for work at about 6:20 am, and what finally worked to get him back in bed to sleep longer was reminding him that he would be going to school today and taking his new lunchbox.

Colin started waking up numerous times in the night a while ago, and it was killing me. He'd eat at 7:30pm, go to sleep, wake at 10:30 to eat, and then again at 1:30, and 3 or 4am, and then I'd have to get up at 5am to get ready for work. Not pretty! The last few nights we've been turning on his white noise "sleep sheep" and using that to help him go back to sleep instead of feeding for those 2 middle of the night times, and it's been working like a charm. Last night he was a bit screamy but he fell back asleep fairly quickly. I've been actually rested the past couple of days! It's a miracle!!! I don't know why I felt like I had to feed him whenever he woke - I'm not the smartest person when I'm woken up from a dead sleep :)

Pictures soon! Angela and Taylor came to visit, and I still haven't gotten those pictures downloaded from the camera. Maybe I'll get to that later tonight...

No comments: