Friday, July 31, 2009

happiness and parties

Colin woke up in a great mood this morning! I heard him on the monitor, cooing and talking, having a grand old time with his crib friends (the animals on his crib bumper) so Gavin and I went in to welcome him to the day. He was smiling, laughing, happy to see us, so I had to snap a quick picture. I caught him in between big grins, it was the best I could do - I was more interested in enjoying the fun than taking pictures of it. Can you blame me?


When I picked Colin up I discovered that he had a very full, very disgustingly stinky diaper. A kid that can laugh and smile through that has a seriously happy disposition!

This evening we went to a party at one of Scott's colleague's house. Lots of grown-ups and even more kids. Gavin was shy at first (surprise, surprise) and he played quietly with some of the toys in the living room (the hosts have a 1 year old) alongside some of the other kids, carefully whispering to us when he needed to talk. So cute. We went out into the backyard after a while where Gavin was enthralled by the koi pond. He spent much of the evening watching the fish and sticking his finger in the water to see if the fish would come to him.


He also played with the sand table, another big hit. He loves our sand box at home, so I wasn't surprised. After playing and watching the fish, he took a break to eat some dinner then got right back to having fun. By the end of the night (a mere 2.5 hours later) he was talking to anyone around - yay! - and playing with the kids rather than just near them. So proud of how he used his manners in the big group and how he shared with the other kids. Gavin is such a sweet boy :)

No comments: